Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pemi Wilderness: Galehead, Twins and Bonds 2 day Backpacking - June 25 - June 26, 2011 - #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14

Denise took the kids out to NY for a long weekend which I did not go on due to no vacation from work.  So I took the opportunity for a 2 day backpacking trip in the Pemi wilderness. 

2 days, 30 miles, 6 peaks: Galehead, S. Twin (twice), N Twin, West Bond, Bond, Bondcliff (and Guyot, but that is not an official 4k)

Will add more details later, but as the pictures show - very very foggy, and no views :(  But an awesome trip nonetheless.  Since I started hiking again all the trips I have been on have been relatively easy with none really pushing me so my goal on this one was to find a trip that would kick my but.  And I succeeded so say the least. And i'd do it again in a heartbeat.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment