Sunday, June 19, 2011

Osceola, East Osceola - June 19, 2011 - #7, #8

The plan for this Father's Day was to do the Morgan-Percival Loop which has some neat caves and chimneys to climb through which I thought Alex would like.  I showed him some photos I found online of them the night before and he was psyched.

Woke up in the morning and Ethan was NOT having a good day, so we decided that just Alex and I would go.  Then I made Pancakes instead of Waffles for breakfast so Alex decided to also have a meltdown.  And then I sat at the wrong chair at the breakfast table and then we really found out what one of Alex's meltdowns is like.

So I decided I'd go by myself!  With a chance to do some 4Ks and save Morgan-Percival for when Alex isn't freaking out I quickly decided to do an easy out and back to Osceola and East Osceola from the Tripoli Road.

Started out as a pretty easy hike, though the black flies were the worst I've seen!  WOW!

Weather was perfect and the views from the summit matched.  Hung out on the summit with a moderate crowd of people, snapped some photos and enjoyed lunch sitting over the several hundred feet high cliffs.

Trail down to East Osceola got interesting at one point as it descends through a short chimney, I took the "easier" route around, but took the chimney on the way back from East.  East, was one of those "spot hikes" - no view at the wooded summit, just a cairn.  Turned around and headed back - about 4.5 hours total at a nice easy but quick (for me) pace.

































1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Not sure if you still posting your trips here. But I just found this site today so I added it to TrailsNH.com. TrailsNH will follow you hiking category, and post the trip reports to the map.
    -Kimball

    ReplyDelete