Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome to the King Family Hiking Blog

Welcome to the hiking log of Kevin and Denise King and our two sons, Alex age 6 and Ethan age 1.

After many years of little to no hiking I started back up now that Alex is old enough for more than the gentle nature walk.  I hiked many mountains when I was a kid, in high school, and college mostly in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and in Maine 15-20+ years ago.  However I don't remember all the mountains I have hiked.  At one point I was working on many of the New England 4000 footers and can remember probably 15 or so, but for each one I remember I know there has to be another that I forgot.  So I guess I'll have to start the list over and bring Alex along for the ride.  So I created this blog to keep track of the trails that we hike and our accounts and experiences along the way.  Perhaps 15-20+ years from now when another generation of King hikers arrive (maybe 25-30 years :) we can look back to see what we have done, which were the most enjoyable and refresh our memories with the tales and pictures that we create today.

Enjoy the trips - I know we will!
 
Oh, almost forgot to mention - today is our 13th wedding anniversary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment